Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Weekend


Sam and I (and hopefully Daddy) had a great Father's Day weekend. we spent a lot of time outside since it ended up being nice all weekend.

Our weekend really started on Friday when I got to start Tot Lot in Monroe and we stayed and played at G&G Hyland's house. We went out to dinner at "Mexico" and then as we were going back to G&G's we saw a lot of hot air balloons. It was the annual balloon rally, so we ended up seeing a lot of balloons up close, and Sam and I both REALLY enjoyed that.

Saturday, we had a Father's Day party, and sadly, Mommy didn't really get any pictures. We had all the family over for BBQ, and it was a great time!

After everyone left, I got to play with Matt and Allie. We had to come inside to cool off since it got kind of warm, and we had a dance party inside. (Ignore Mommy's laundry. She was trying to get something done while we were playing).



Sam got in on the dancing too (even though you can's see him behind the toy).



Sunday, we had a treasure hunt for Daddy. I helped hide clues and Daddy had to find them. He got to go to a movie, and we all went swimming at the Y and then had dinner. I thought this was a great idea! I had trouble keeping the surprise in (I told Mommy that I didn't know how much longer I could keep the surprise!), and then I told Daddy that we had a surprise and that we were going to the beach. I thought that was a good saying to keep him off track! Sam just tagged along for the ride.

Here's Daddy at his first find...breakfast on the porch!



Sam had to try out his new rain boots while we were on the porch. He LOVES to play in the mud so Mommy found these at a garage sale and knew they were perfect for him.



Brotherly love...


Helping Daddy with the next clue that he found at the computer...



While Daddy was at his movie, Mommy, Sam and I went to the park. We walked to see the little bridge and water they have. I love that walk because I always get to point out the duck and goose poop that is on the walk. Sam finds it very interesting when I do that. Mommy never seems amused...



Mommy found roller skates for me at the garage sale. I tried them out and did pretty well. Going downhill made me a little nervous though...






We had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Katie should love it when Joey points out the goose poop on the sidewalk. She was a self-proclaimed goose poop expert from college. Ask her about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You're right. My education has lapsed so I don't like to talk about it now. :) Katie

    ReplyDelete