Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Beautiful 4th of July Weekend!

We had such a great 4th of July weekend! We didn't really do anything related to typical 4th of July activities, but did lots of stuff outside. I have decided that I am ready for fireworks (since I didn't do so well 2 years ago) so we may try them next year! 

Daddy has been letting me pick some of his toys from when he was little. It is a BIG deal, and I get to go downstairs with him and I say that we're going to the beach so that Mommy doesn't know.

Here is one of the favorites so far!


Friday morning Mommy took us to the splash park. That water is still so COLD! Sam and I had fun, but we were only in the water for about 15 minutes. We had a picnic and played on the other park toys. This was really Sam's first time in the water there so he was pretty much just taking it all in.





I really liked this toy at the park. Sam did too!


On to another park and the swings!


 While we were at the park with Mommy, Daddy was home with the guys who came to replace our skylights. Sam and I were very impressed with the guys on the roof and the banging that ensued. Sam got as close to the tarp as he could to look up and see what he could see!

Friday night we went to a Mallard's game. This was the first one for both of us! I really enjoyed the inflatable on the way in.



Sam found this and was in heaven!



 Sam really liked climbing in and out of his chair. Otherwise, he wasn't so interested in staying in the seats. This was a very RARE sight.


I enjoyed the stuff they did between innings. I sat in my seat a lot more than Sam did!


This is what Sam wanted to do during the game...Play! We went to a doubleheader and made it through the first game but left before the second one.




Saturday we did some stuff around the house and had a BBQ with G&G Rikli. I got to go swimming with Matthew and Allie for a little while too.

Sunday, we went to the zoo before it got too hot!


One of our first stops was the carousel. I now am brave enough to ride on the horse and not just the bench. Hooray! However....


Now Sam is afraid of the horses and he wasn't even a big fan of the bench. This was as calm as he was the whole ride. Not a super fun one for Sam (or for Mommy).


Next stop was the train, and we both really liked that one. I think Sam would have stayed on there for hours. He was a little mad when Mommy made him get off at the end.

 Saying hi to Daddy!

 This was one of Sam's favorite parts of the zoo. He wasn't too interested in the animals, but anything that goes VROOM, VROOM is good in his book!



We got back from the zoo and ate lunch and saw that Matthew and Allie were in their pool. I couldn't get my suit on fast enough to get over there. We were in the pool for 5 hours!!!









 Taking a break since we've been playing so hard. All of us were yelling "Popsicle"!

 Sam was napping for most of this and then came out and went in his little pool which Mommy put next to this big one. Us big kids are so good at playing with Sam and trying to include him. He tried the big pool but the water was above his waist so he wasn't a big fan of trying to move around in that one.

Sam's vocabulary is exploding over the last couple of weeks. Some of his new words are Allie, money, bye, and busy. He also has a word for lawn mower, which is "doe doe".

Have a great week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment