Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry, Merry Christmas!

We have had some very Merry Christmases and some attempts at burning off some of our energy!

On the 21st, we took Daddy to Prairie Kids Club to show him the gymnastics place. It started out really well, but I quickly got VERY emotional and whiny so it didn't end as great.

Mommy got some pictures at the beginning though.




Sam requested to play with playdough on one of the days we got a bunch of snow. He played for probably about 2 hours! He had his little plastic knife so he was VERY happy that he could cut the playdough.



We celebrated Christmas with G&G Hyland and Amanda and Jay on the 23rd. Sam and I were both super excited...



I got so much cool stuff! Ninja turtles and a Scooby Doo Mystery Machine. I've had a lot of fun playing "guys".



Sam was really into opening presents this year. He wanted to keep going!


Sam got a sled, and the box G&G used to wrap it in was great fun to play in!


Sam had to try out his sled. He did not like that it had to ride in the back of the truck on the way home. We had to check it right away when we got home :)


Here's Amanda opening the otter we "adopted" for her.


Sam threw a mini-fit, but he seemed to be too tired to put much into it.



The annual picture in the chair in front of the tree. I loved my new Ninja Turtles shirt and had to wear it with the hood up! (I have worn it 3 times in the week since I got it).


Sam is still not very good at this picture taking on demand thing!


The attempt at both of us in the chair. Hmm, maybe next year!


Sam got an Angry Birds towel, and I got Skylanders! I was so excited to use them that the minute we got home from G&G's, I asked Mommy if we could take a bath. I am not one to request baths anymore so this was unusual!


Christmas Eve, we celebrated at G&G Rikli's. Sam was hamming it up as usual.



He heard a truck so he had to go look out the window.


Sam was the first to the table. He loved the Christmas punch!


I enjoyed relaxing on Daddy.


New Teen Titans game!



After G&G's, we headed back home since Santa had come to our house.

Sam got a new car! He is a bit overwhelmed by it and thinks it should go in the garage. Hopefully when Spring gets here and he can drive it outside, he will be warmed up to it. He did really like the trunk that it has. All of his stocking stuff, and some of mine, ended up in the trunk.


I got a Wii with the Skylanders game! It is so much fun!


Christmas Day we just hung out at home and played with our toys. I got a little pirate set that fits really well with my 2 Lego Star Wars guys that I got in my stocking.


Sam got a new "doe-doe". He really loves to fill up the gas tank!



On Friday when the weather was warmer, Mommy took Sam and I sledding (Daddy was hunting). She didn't realize how big the hill is that is near our house so she would have waited to bring Daddy if she had known. I went down by myself one time but was pretty scared. Sam and Mommy went down twice.


It wasn't all lost though. The hill is at a park so we just played on the playset for awhile after "sledding".



Friday night, I stayed at G&G Rikli's house so Mommy and Daddy took Sam to see the Olin park lights. He enjoyed them...notice he had to have his drill with him :)


We are hopefully going to attempt sledding again today (Saturday) since we get one more warm day before it gets really cold again. We are in search of a smaller hill today.

We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment