Sunday, July 6, 2014

Mallards, 4th of July and Grandma Hyland's birthday

We have had some great weather lately, so we decided to do some stuff outside!

Thursday night, we went to the Mallards game. Sam and I both had free tickets from the summer reading program and there were only a few days you could use them, so Thursday it was!

It was  a perfect night for baseball. Sam didn't really care about that. For him, it was a great night for playing in the sandbox with trucks! He spent almost the whole time we were there in the sandbox. Can you see his tongue out? It was very serious work.



The tongue is still out...


I got to play in the bounce house and on the big slide.



Being silly with a statue. Maynard was a giant bobblehead and I thought that was really cool!



"watching" the game...I had a pretzel


Very happy boy, back in the sandbox.


Friday was the annual 4th of July in the park in Monroe. It was so nice out for this too! Usually it is so hot, but it was perfect this year.



fishing...



I got fireworks drawn on my face that I was really proud of!


Sam got a tattoo, but Mommy didn't get a picture of that. At the wheel of misfortune game, Sam won a pair of sunglasses, and I "won" getting squirted by a water gun. The girl was really nice and just sprayed my leg, but I cried pretty hard after that because I thought I would win something!


I recovered to get a hole in one though!


We played at G&G's house until it was time to go to supper to celebrate Grandma's birthday.

Sam got a couple "haircuts" by me and Uncle Jay. He sat so still with the blanket and his eyes were so funny how they moved to watch us. He was pretty tired since he missed his nap.



At the restaurant...we reminded Mommy and Daddy why we don't go out to restaurants.


Sam is always up for the job of putting the candles in the cake.


Sam jumped the gun on blowing out the candles. Love Grandma's look of shock!


Happy birthday, Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment